2018 has already been an impressive year for biotech M&A mega deals - GSK teaming up with 23andMe to boost R&D, Celgene's $9 billion acquisition of Juno Therapeutics and Sanofi's acquisitions of Bioverativ Inc & Ablynx. But what is the secret to these successful biotech and pharma alliances?
PatSnap welcomed three industry experts for a live panel discussion around investment and M&A matchmaking in pharma and biotech. We also explored:
- What's needed for small companies to attract large organisations to consider acquiring them?
- The main drivers and barriers when it comes to investment in pharma and biotech companies
- Whether there really is such a thing as the 'perfect' acquisition target
Meet our expert panel:
- James West, Vice President at Results Healthcare
- Jurgen Vollrath, President at Exponential Technology Counsel
- Martin Gouldstone, CBO at BenevolentAI